Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He ain't heavy, He is my brother

This 1969 hit by The Hollies has been my favourite and it added real meaning to me today when I can sense and feel the gratitude and thankfulness of my brother in burden.
What good of us if we, who are able and capable, do not lend a helping hand or just be there, when help is needed? It has been a long and tiring day, but Lord, it was all worth it.

He is one of the 1% who has to go through with his conditions, and it is beyond his control... deep inside he is such a family man that his whole life revolves around them and his sibblings. In his own way, he has brought joy and delight to his few lonely and desolate friends, by regularly lending his listening ears to them.

He is simple and innocent in his love for his family. It is heartening to see that his daughters are showing appreciation for their dad who has always placed his priorities on their welfare and well being. He gave what he had got.
I pray that he will not be one of those lonely people in the world as Father Mckenzie or Eleanor Rigby who was the title of one of Beatles' songs.

His welfare is my concern... The weight does not weigh me down...
He ain't heavy, he is my brother... always!!!

1 comment:

  1. Words that are worth their weight in gold.
    Compassion and humility are truly worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete