Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunset, Sunrise..

"After every sunset, there is gonna be a sunrise."

This used to be my favourite phrase those days to counter those negative people in the so-called "sunset industry" we were in.
Now the sun is slowly but surely going to set on many of my contemporaries... you tend to look back at history with nostalgia, with pride or with regrets...Don't hold onto the past.. you have to let go the past glories or disappointments and move onto the next phase of your well-deserved golden years.
Somehow, there are more songs written and sung about yesterday than tomorrow. The few songs that I know about tomorrow are not too optimistic too like "I don't care if tomorrow never comes" and "If tomorrow never comes". Of course, you will find "Yesterday". "Yesterday once more", "Yesterday when I was young", "Only yesterday" and "Yesterday man" etc.

Surely everyone must have occasionally or frequently, experienced the following feelings, as expressed in this scene in the musical "Oliver":

Who will buy
This wonderful morning?
Such a sky
You never did see

Who will tie
It up in a ribbon
And put it
In a box for me?

Who will buy
This wonderful feeling?
I'm so high
I swear I could fly

Me oh my
I don't want to lose it
So what am I to do
To keep the sky so blue?

Every day is a new day that the Lord has made for you and me. Rejoice and be glad in it. Live it well because today will be yesterday soon. The sun will sure rise again tomorrow, with or without us!

Today is my moment and right now is my story...
I'll laugh, I'll cry and I'll sing..
p/s the sun has set on my digital Ixus750 7.1Megapixels camera I think. It's time to get a new one soon otherwise how to capture the blue skies, sunrises and sunsets?

No comments:

Post a Comment