Monday, August 24, 2009

Police Report: Dompet

Weekend past, I made a police report of the loss of my Dompet (BM word for Wallet), containing my IC, Driving licence, ATM card, Credit card etc plus some cash. This police station is located in my rich neighbourhood.... rich, because of the fact that within a Par-5 distance from my house, there are 5 commercial banks!!
I must compliment the lady police constable attending to me that Saturday morning... she was friendly and pleasant. I dictated to her my story in fluent G. Semanggol Bahasa and she typed it straight onto her pc and printed out 3 copies, all within 10 minutes. No fuss and no fee.
I guess my fluency in her Mother's tongue did make her very much at ease and thus had some influence on the entire process.
I remember watching a video clip recently of a senior Bolehland Minister rudely refusing to entertain a question asked in English, by a local English newspaper reporter. He snubbed the reporter "Cakap Orang Putih eh??"
Anyway, I only realised the economic value of that Police Report when I went to the bank to apply for a replacement copy of the ATM card and Credit Card. With a copy of the police report, all replacement fees were waived!!
Now I will need to know from my nephew who recently lost his International Passport to a snatch thief, if his police report entitles him to a free replacement of his passport?? I don't seem to recall this waiver when I made my application for replacement of my lost passport in 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment